I just found this interesting. Ayanda got me fascinated with these profiling websites.
It got me thinking about what makes me tick.
The below is in accordance to my personality in relation to my view of internet security.
Shoot…by the way:
Happy New Year (never too late)
You are a Calm and Curious Achiever
- You are hardworking, inventive, calm and curious.
- You take responsibility, are reliable, vigilant and practice self-control.
- You appreciate creativity and are quick to learn new things.
- If you are interested in technology, you are likely to be an early adopter.
- You are well in control of your emotions and don’t get upset easily, making it easier for you to deal with stressful situations.
What does this mean for your online safety?
- You have a tendency to think carefully before acting, which makes you naturally cautious when navigating cyberspace i.e. “Thinking before you Click”.
- You’re more likely to be proactive about applying appropriate security controls.
- In extreme cases, your high conscientiousness may make you vulnerable to well executed “social engineering” attacks that impersonate people with authority.
- You try out new technologies and are quick to understand how these work.
- You are likely to be more aware than the average person about the threats and risks associated with using these.
- Your emotional stability allows you to keep a level head, even when under pressure or when dealing with a potential cyber threat. So-called people-hackers use psychological tricks to trigger your emotions (also called social engineering techniques).
- Your ability to keep calm and control your emotions is a great tool to defend yourself from any of these attacks.
Be aware of:
- Attacks that impersonate authority figures or being caught out while you are working too hard.
- When you are trying out something new, make it a rule to learn about the potential risks and how to protect yourself; apply minimum security controls such as anti-virus, encryption and good, strong passwords.
- Don’t trust any unsolicited email messages or phone calls, especially if it triggers an emotion and always think twice before you click.
Thought we should know more about me together see?